Thursday, June 05, 2008

No Fuel

Weight: 229.25 (234.8)

Mountain bike: 12.92 miles, 1:15:25, (10.28 mph)
Mid-body workout
Run: 4.04 miles, 43:44, (10:50 pace)
Walk: 0.83 miles, 14:20, (17:16 pace)

Biked 75-minutes this morning, nothing worth reporting about the ride. Late afternoon workout was easy, but the heat in my garage is getting tougher to handle.

I followed the workout with ... what was supposed to be a 4-mile run. My plan was to walk 7-minutes, run 4-miles, and walk 7-minutes. I made it to the half way point and stopped for a drink of water. In other words, I had walked 7-minutes and ran 2-miles. I had been exhausted a half mile before I stopped. I was hurting. Drank a full bottle (~30-oz) of water. I tried taking off for the final 2-miles, but I couldn't do it. After 50-yards I stopped again. I thought I was going to pass out. My legs and breathing was fine... I just didn't have any energy. This was, without a doubt a FUEL ISSUE. Sat on a park bench for 5-minutes and started feeling a little better. Decided to walk for seven minutes, stretch, and "man up" & finish this run. Ran 2 miles and only stopped once for less than a minute to get a drink of water. I was even able to pick up the pace, because I wanted to end the pain.

My garmin has been displaying a funny pace, so I never know exactly what my pace is while I am running. I'm very excited to see my overall pace was sub-11. This is also the longest distance I have run this year. Its exciting to know I had enough heart to finished this run. Nearly every cell in my body wanted me to stop and I refused to give up. This was the BEST bad run I have ever had!

Even my eating temptations have been handled well for the last two days. Tuesday and Wednesday I nearly fell off the wagon at night, but I refused to quit. I drank water and stuck to my plan. I've been rewarded nicely with a lengthy weight loss streak. Below is my loss and gain 'STREAKS' since I started:
Down x 7
Up x 2
Down x 6
Up
Down
Up
Down
Up
Same
Down
Up x 2
Down x 2
Same
Down 4
Up
Down
Up x 2
Down x 3
Same
Down
Up
Same x 2
Down x 4
Up
Down x 2
Up
Same
Up
Down
Up x 3
DOWN x 9

Saw the doctor today about my foot. I don't know anymore now than I did when I started. Although, he doesn't think it is a stress fracture. He suggested an MRI, but I don't have the money for the deductible. When I told him that, he said rest for 4-8 weeks and we'll "see where the issue is". URG!!! Twenty-dollar co-pay for shit I already knew.

Breakfast: 190
Lunch: 740
Dinner: 680
Snack: 481

Total calories: 2,091

I'm weighing in tomorrow, one day early due to my trip. I think I have it figured out so I don't miss any runs or workouts. On the other hand, the food will truly be a different issue.

No comments: