Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Graduation Day

Weight 231.50 (236.5)

Breakfast: 190
Lunch: 1,000
Dinner (early): 620
Snack: 240

My appetite is back. I've been hungry all freaking day. I'm leaving out of town for a river trip this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I want to be on my best behavior BEFORE heading into a trip full of temptations.

Today was Alison's last day of kindergarten and official "graduation". The school program was cute. I took lots of pictures. I'm bummed that most of the shots were blurry.

Lower-body workout
Run: 3.0 miles. 35:31 (11:49 pace)
Walk: 0.63 miles. 10:09 (16:27 pace)

I pushed Preston in the stroller, while Alison lead the way on her bike. This is sooooo much easier than pushing both of them. Fair amount of nausea due to the heat. Small adjustment to the pace and logged my miles. This heat is tough running, but there is something about a "Big Sweat" that makes you feel like you did something worth doing.

Total calories: 2,050

You can click on the pictures to make them larger...








2 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

Is that GIANT of a kid next to Alison graduating kindygarten???

A's one photogenic kid, for sure!

Congrats on the weight loss...I wish I could lose my desired weight a tenth as fast as you are!!

Humble Runner said...

The "giant" kid is a "special needs" kiddo in Alison's class. His name is Steven and he's a cool cat!

Alison's class is a pilot program where there is a mixture of both "regular" and "Special needs" students. The teacher stated the studies show they both benefit attending the same classes. The study also shows that most classmate kids stop being helpful and sympathetic shortly thereafter. It's at that time they separate them (1st-2nd grade).