Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Flat Tire

Weight: 229.75 (335.5)

Wow, scale weight has dipped under 230! Who would have thought? I've lost 14.5 pounds since May 27th (8-days). I'll be even happier when the 7-day average goes sub-230.

At work today.

Mountain bike: 5.25 miles, 32:00 (10.2 mph)
Stationary bike: Level 5, 8.14 miles, 30:00 (16.2 mph)
Upper-body workout

Woke up MEGA early to squeeze in a 50-minute bike ride before work. Erin was late picking up the kids, so my workout time was cut in half. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate her picking the kids up and taking them to day care. It was a perfect chance for me to be flexible and adjust my plans. Ah yes, flexibility... my key term for 2008. Cycled 32-minutes around home on my mountain bike. Felt like I was struggling more than usual. Half a mile into the route I realized my rear tire was very low in air. I assume that was the problem. Since I was already behind in time, I went ahead and finished WITH the "near-flat" tire.

Upper body workout felt good. Rode 30 more minutes on the recumbent bike at work. I increased the level today. It seemed easy. I'll increase it again next time. I'm trying to avoid the stationary bike, because I dislike riding a long time and going nowhere.

Breakfast: 380
Lunch: 670
Dinner: 680
Snack: 343

Total calories: 2,073

No comments: