Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dad's Day 5k

Weight: 228.75 (231.0)
Percentage of Fat: 28.8%
Fat Mass Weight: 65.5 lbs

Dads Day 5k, 28:48 (9:14 pace)

A couple buddies from work talked me into this last minute race. Pushed as hard as I could to finish in less than 30 minutes. Miles one and three were dead even splits. Dropped the pace by 30 seconds on mile two. It's entirely to hot to be racing in this heat. Probably my last race until we see cooler temps.

Gained one-pound on the scale, but body fat percentage dropped 0.6% and fat mass weight was reduced by 1.5 pounds. I still consider this week a success.

Breakfast: 468
Post Race snack: 160
Lunch: FREE MEAL
Dinner: 1,440

Free meal went okay, but over-did-it by ordering desert. I had grilled shrimp, chicken, rice, salad, broccoli, cheddar biscuits, and un-sweet tea. Dinner, as you can see was a big meal in terms of calories.

I also have plans to go out tonight and don't plan to be "on a diet". I'll update in the morning.

Total calories: 2,068 (not including free meal)


5 comments:

Crosstrain said...

Great run Bill, you sandbagger you.

Pony and Petey said...

WOW! That's a REALLY good time for "last minute" plans!

I like the "good buddies" post-race pic too = )

TX Runner Mom said...

Great job on the 5k! Hope you had a great Father's Day!

Anonymous said...

Your doing great.... but if recovering drug addicts and alcoholics don't get a free "meal" why do you keep rewarding yourself with a free meal?

Pony and Petey said...

Hey Dude...I'm concerned about you... are you ok?

Keep taking it one day at a time... one hour or one minute at a time, if that's what it takes. Those beautiful kids need a healthy, happy daddy to love on them!