Sunday, October 07, 2007

It is about time!

I've been sore numerous times in the past, but I cannot recall ever being sore for this long. My upper body feels good, but today is day five of lower body soreness. Either way, I elected to ride a few miles with Steve Cantu.

We took off from Steve's house at 6:15 am, which proved to be too early, because we rode in the dark for 20-minutes. A lot of the darkness was a result of the overcast skies. Speaking of the weather... it was horrible. Light drizzle, no wind, with a temperature of 78. YUCK!

Our normal course had to be cut short, because Steve has season tickets to the Texans. The first ten miles just about killed me. The problems seemed endless; I didn't want to be there, my legs were tired, we couldn't maintain a speed faster than 13 mph, and I was hot due to the humidity.

Surprisingly, everything came together after a short break at the half way point. Our pace improved, my legs felt better, and the return trip was fun.

The best news of the day.... my legs FINALLY feel better. So, this bike ride was very beneficial. If time permits, I'll try to replicate Brittany's upper body weight training session.

Good Day!

Stats:
Mileage: 20.24 miles
Time: 1:25:42 -- 14.0 mph

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you just needed some blood flowing in those sore legs. You've just convinced me to ride a little today on my sore legs.

Way to pump it up, brother!!!