Saturday, October 27, 2007

2007 Great Pumpkin Race - mini report

First road race since the Fired Up 5k. Wow, nice weather makes all the difference in the world. I pushed Alison in the jogging stroller, which had nearly flat tires! Yup, I forgot my air pump. Good thing she doesn't weigh much, so it wasn't a "deal breaker". There was a couple psi left, so the rims were not on the road. Erin also ran, pushing Pre in the other jogging stroller.

I ran 10 minutes walked 3 minutes (repeat). This kept the run both easy and fun. Even with 6-minutes of walking and pushing a stroller, I managed to clock a 38:21 5k. I'll take a 12:12 average pace! Erin finished several minutes ahead of me. She's never concerned with her time and doesn't wears a watch, so I'm not sure of her exact time yet.

Alison ran the kids 1k. Erin said it was everything she could do to keep up with her. Alison finished in 6:10. THAT'S A 9:55/mile pace. Way to go, Ally!
Here are some pictures from this morning. Forgot to mention I saw Cass and her husband, Carlos who appeared to be on a causual Saturday run, and I saw my RD at the post race party.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great report and wonderful photos!!! Family, fun, and cool temps. It doesn't get much better that than on Saturday morning.

Tiggs said...

It was great to see you and your family. The kiddos are so cute!!!!

Pony and Petey said...

I love a family who runs together! Thanks for the cute pics = )