Friday, October 19, 2007

Confidence builder

Over the last few months, my running has been weak. No one to blame but myself. My lack of training is the root cause. All hope regarding serious running was lost... until this morning.

I was scheduled to meet Brittany yesterday afternoon, but we decided to reschedule. The new plan was to run at 6am today. It was had to agree with the wee hour run, because I don't do mornings well.
EVERYTHING came together perfectly. It was a WONDERFUL run. We ran 4 x 10-minute run followed by 5-minute walk. The total run distance was 3.30 miles in 40 minutes, which yields a 12:07 pace. We talked the entire time and I never found myself out of breath. As vic says, I'll take it!
I love feeling like this, I'm pumped up!
Two random pictures. The first one is Alison and Lulu wrestling before school this morning. The second picture is Erin holding Preston after her 2-mile run last night.


2 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

Ahhh...I know how wonderful a great run feels! Glad you enjoyed yours = )

What kind of dog do you have? It looks like it's part blue heeler, like my Dingo.

Does Erin stamp? I enlarged the pic of the dog to look closer and saw the stamps in the corner. I love to stamp cards and stationery and scrapbooks!

Pre is getting SOOOOOO BIG! He looks like all boy = )

Humble Runner said...

Pony, you're correct... those are stamps. Erin was decorating gift bags for Alison's birthday party. Not sure why they were on the floor. The mos tlikely reason is: Alison was playing with them.

Lulu (the dog) is a catahoula.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catahoula_Leopard_Dog