Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Is she trying to kill me?

Second session with trainer.
I started the day with a bike ride to the YMCA. Once I arrived, Brittany (trainer) and I ran 3/4 mile around the soccer fields. Then she introduced me to the agility ladder. I knew I was plenty out of shape, but those drills drove the point home. The complete workout went something like this:

4.5 mile bike ride
0.75 mile run
Agility ladder - both feet in
Agility ladder - both feet in, knees high
Agility ladder - side to side, both feet in
3 x 15 squats with weights
3 x 15 lunges
3 x 15 bicep curls with resistance band
Agility ladder - both feet in
Agility ladder - both feet in, knees high
Agility ladder - side to side, both feet in
3 x 15 knee raises
3 x 15 calf raises with weights
0.75 mile walk
2 x 30 second planks
2 x 12 some type of abdominal core exercise, where my back is on the ground. I swing my legs up while the trainer stands behind-over my head on pushes my legs back down. The main task is to not let my legs touch the ground. Anyone know what that is called?
4.5 mile bike ride
After the workout I biked home, I passed out for a couple hours due to pure exhaustion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm...I call that task torture.
Erin

Unknown said...

Lookin' strong, dude!!! I've been doing those core exercises. Abbreviate and on my knees instead of my toes but man does that hurt nonetheless.

Keep up the work.