Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Unscheduled off day and redemption

Yesterday's schedule called for 3-5 miles. I seriously wanted to complete the mileage, but COULD NOT find enough energy or motivation to put my shoes on. Every muscle below my hips was sore. The mental aspect was probably the biggest obstacle. Every time I thought about running my legs started aching and I wanted to crawl into a fetal position.

Today is my first day back at work. I considered picking up the missed mileage with a 3-mile am run and 3-mile pm run. For various reason's the morning run didn't happen. With the temperatures rising, I waited till 9:30pm to run. It seems the rest day and night time weather did me good. Continually I forced myself to slow down, because I know its going to be a busy week.

I'm super excited about this run, its just what I needed!

Oh, forgot to mention... look at those even splits.

Activity: Run
Mileage: 3.0 miles
Time: 33:43 -- 11:14 pace
11:16, 11:11, 11:18
Location: Humble Fire Department

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Crap!!! I'll never catch you. :) Nice run, ma'am.

Unknown said...

Great run!