Thursday, July 05, 2007

5 miles and "Pre" coming home?

First the good news.

High probability that Pre is coming HOME TOMORROW! He has 24-hours to prove a few things to the doctors, but I know he can do it!

Go Pre, Go! Show them what your made of, son.

Activity: Run
Mileage: 5 miles
Time: 1:00:36 -- 12:07 pace
12:18, 11:49, 12:08, 11:43, 12:38
Location: Trailwood Village

Lots of weirdness last night. I laid down in bed at 9:30, knowing I needed to run 2.5 miles in the morning and 2.5 more miles in the evening. For whatever reason, I couldn't sleep. The short of it... I didn't fall asleep till 5am. Usually I'm up at 7am to get ready for the day and make it to the hospital by 9am. Safe to say, the morning run did not happen.

I dreaded the run all day. Again, not sure why. My legs feel okay, but I'll admit I am mentally fatigued. Fortunately, the run was nice. The pace was purposely slowed down, in exchange for fewer walk breaks. Proud to say I only took two 40-50 yard walk breaks.

I need to get off the streets, my left shin is acting up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good runnin', Dad! Probably best to continue to call the lad Pre as there are way too many Steve's around the place as it is.

Steeeve

Unknown said...

Go Pre, Go!

Pony and Petey said...

Thanks for sharing the good news about Pre! Hope your legs feel better soon...this crazy weather makes for some crazy running... one day great, the next day stinky... hang on until fall = )