Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wild Bill's Marathon experiment

I was lucky (or possibly unlucky) enough to have an opportunity for a Houston full-marathon transfer. Something came over me and I jumped on the email. The way I see it, I could always run until its not fun any longer, then simply walk. Yeah, this falls into the category of; "Collecting bibs". Oh well, its something I want and more importantly, its something I want to prove to MYSELF.

Earlier today, I downloaded Coach Steeves SMART-lite training schedule. Far from the "smart" thing to do... I'm attempting to pick up in the middle of the schedule and see if I can hold on. Its my only chance at finishing the marathon within the cut-off time. I'll need an average pace of 13:44 to finish in 6-hours.

Tonight I ran 4.24 miles in 57:10. Average pace: 13:29. Still using the run 10-minutes, walk 4-minutes program. Not sure how I'll get back to straight running. Time will tell.

The run went PERFECT. Could have run a lot longer. No aches or pains... pure running bliss.

No comments: