Sunday, November 04, 2007

What a day!

Check out the pictures of the park I ran at today. Boy, was it beautiful. There's a long trail that connects several parks off of "Hairy Man Road". It is located in Round Rock, Texas, just a couple miles from my in-laws house. I can't believe I have not run this gem before today.

The weekend started with a last minute trip to visit Erin's Mom. Knowing that we had someone to watch the kids, we took full advantage to log a much needed long run. Our initial plan was to run Town Lake, but Erin suggested we run along the Harry Man Trail (Google this for some really neat stories of how the area and the trail got its name). We started at 7am where Creekside and Meadows Park join. We ran an out and back that included some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. To make things even sweeter, I was spending time with my Beautiful wife, Erin. It was like a DREAM come true!!! Our total distance was 7.5 miles, but I never count the walk-break(s). So.... we ended up running 6.25 miles in 1:12:44, which is an 11:38 pace. I was holding her back with my walk-breaks and she was pushing my pace, which did me a lot of good. Thanks Erin, you rock!

The last time I ran more than six miles was June 30th. YIKES!

The trail was so nice I decided to return later for some photos. You have to trust me, the pictures don't do any justice to the true beauty. I only took photos of about 1.5 miles. There was much nicer stuff to photograph, but time was a factor. One interesting picture is the markers. They have markers every tenth of a mile. The numbers are simple; 1, 2, 3, 4. Oddly enough, we happen to start at zero. The markers made it really nice when the distance got long. If you saw, 23, you knew you had run 2.3 miles. On top of the marker was the name of the park. Very nice!

I was back at my in-laws house in time to watch the Olympic marathon trials. Wow, that was soooo exciting. At mile five I picked my top 5. I got 3 of my five. Ryan Hall is a MACHINE. I'm excited, because it looks like American long distance runners are on the come back.

Very, very sad about Ryan Shay. It will be interesting to learn the root cause of his death.

Congrats to my uncle, Kevin Cox who ran the RR 25k this morning.

I have a lot more to write, but its late, I just got home, and need to get to sleep.
































































1 comment:

TX Runner Mom said...

Looks like a great place to run!