Thursday, November 22, 2007

7 "Thanks"giving miles

I "missed" yesterdays 7 miler, so I shifted everything forward one day. I may regret this later on my Saturday long run.... without a prior rest day.

I'm at work, so I ran the usual loops around the Fire Station. My left shin is absolutely killing me, but this was my best 7 miles (mentally) in a long time. Wonder if it was the day off or the weather? What a difference a couple days makes in the Houston weather. It is nice outside! My run was interrupted by an emergency call at 1.5 miles. Restarted the run within 20 minutes (after the call). Only one other stop, which was to get a drink of water.

Both my running and walking showed faster times than last weeks.
7 miles in 1:23:46. Average pace 11:58 (WITH WALKING).

I miss my kids and family when I have to work on holidays, but I am thankful I have an occupation that affords me the ability to run, eat, and laugh.

No comments: