Sunday, November 25, 2007

Damage control, or just damage?

I've done a lot of shifting in my training schedule in order to get my workouts in. At this point, I've only missed two workouts, which was the Smartie Hop and an easy 6-miler.

Friday night I planted water and Gu on my 18 mile course. Yes, 18 miles! When I woke up at 5:30 am I realized the weather would not allow me to execute the run. It rained the ENTIRE day.

I'm at work today and made an attempt at the long run this morning, but again the weather was less than favorable and I abandoned ship within 1/10 mile.

Long story, made short... I ran this evening. I didn't get the full 18 miles, yet happily settled for 15.4 miles. I'm still frozen solid 2 hours later. Temperature was 44 with high winds. My ocd wants me to get out there and run the remaining mileage, but I'm too tired and I already showered.

15.37 miles in 3:28:07. This run was 51 laps around the fire station. YUCK!!! Average pace 13:33, which is dead-on for marathon pace (6-hour finish). Run-10/walk-5. Starting tomorrow I will cut one minute off the walk time. Also, if I run my six miler tomorrow, I will be back on schedule with only one missed 4 mile workout.

I'll see how my legs feel in the morning.

1 comment:

Steeeve said...

51 laps? Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Fine dedication and determination, keep it up!