Wednesday, November 28, 2007

aaaaaaalmost 7 miles

It was hell getting out the door, but I hit the streets at noon.

It seemed cool outside, so I wore a cotton T-shirt. I've been wearing cotton tees for the last couple weeks, because very few tech shirts are available in XXJ (Extra, Extra, Jumbo). Anyway, it wasn't cool as I thought and now I have some chaffing. :-(

The garmin showed a very impressive pace (well, impressive for me). It seemed like a dream run, but then the unit lost signal. After the GPS lost signal a few more times I assumed the pace was by error.

Ran what I thought was a 7-mile route. When I finished running, the ocd was in full force, so I ended up getting on my bike and measuring the route. The end result was 6.93 miles, which I ran in 1:24:33. Average pace of 12:12 minutes per mile, including walk breaks. This was the first run where I cut one minute off my walk time. The new routine is run-10, walk-4.

I'm happy with this run. Oh, the the 7-mile bike ride was a bonus.

1 comment:

TX Runner Mom said...

Wow, nice brick! :-)