Thursday, February 01, 2007

Shoes

If you make it out to the Buffalo Wallow, you'll see the debut of Bill's loud shoes.

You might recall me registering for the RR-50. That was before the knee and ankle injuries. During that time I did a fair amount of researching about trail running shoes. I had a couple brands-models of interest after reading reviews in Runners World magazine and an Ultra list server I read.

As a parting gift, er I mean Christmas gift, Erin bought me a pair of NB 872 in a beautiful Strider Yellow color. I don't mean the parting gift comment in a mean way. I'm simply trying to lighten my spirits. It was nice that Erin encouraged me to try an ultra, she listened to my desire for specialty trail shoes, and she actually went out and bought the ones I wanted. So, thanks Erin.

Anyways, I've only wore them once and that was on concrete. I'm excited to test them out Saturday. Last year I was dead last at BW. With any luck and some brand new yellow shoes I hope to move up a place or two.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is to warn everyone...wear your sunglasses. These shoes are so bright, they may burn the retina's.
Erin

Humble Runner said...

Yep, Erin's right. These shoes remind me of most dogs and some people's young children....

They're so ugly, they're cute. For my shoe's sake, never call them "cute", maybe cool, but never cute.

Unknown said...

Dude, we are such kindred spirits. I was dead last in the 2005 BW. In fact, by the time I came through, I had to run THROUGH the awards ceremony which was almost concluded, to get to the finish line. You got me by almost 6 minutes. But I know, with those shoes, it ain't even gonna be close this year.

Unknown said...

Dude, we are such kindred spirits. I was dead last in the 2005 BW. In fact, by the time I came through, I had to run THROUGH the awards ceremony which was almost concluded, to get to the finish line. You got me by almost 6 minutes. But I know, with those shoes, it ain't even gonna be close this year.

Anonymous said...

But Bill...nobody will be looking at your shoes if you go streaking...

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I don't know you... :-)

Given the rain they aren't going to be quite as bright at the end of the race, but you may have a better time of it going up the hills than those of us in our conventional sneaks.

Steeeve

TX Runner Mom said...

Wow, cool shoes! Good luck on Sat!

Junie B said...

hey those are cute...errr...i mean cool.

Steve Bezner said...

Bill is going Streaking at the Wallow?? I must report this!

Pony and Petey said...

hahahahahaha I was just looking through my shoe collection trying to decide which pair I would want to toss after they are so muddy I won't be able to get them clean again. And here you are, going to wear brand new shoes... in an AWESOME yellow! awwwww... I wish you'd reconsider = (

Pony

Unknown said...

Your shoes are very cute..damn cool..ahh