Thursday, February 08, 2007

5 more miles

Activity: Run
Mileage: 5.13 miles
Time: 53:11 -- 10:22 pace
Location: Kingwood Greenbelts
Average HR: 152

GPS was acting weird. Luckily I was running one of my usual routes.

Pushed Alison in the stroller. Picked up the pace on the last two miles, because it was getting dark inside the trails. Quarter mile from the finish I remember thinking, "Wow, nothing hurts or aches". Ten feet later my right knee started hurting. The human mind is a weird, weird organ.

Woke up sick this morning. Sore throat, sinus headache, general weakness, and felt sore all over. Odd, that a few other bloggers posted the same. Hmmmm, do I have a virtual flu? May have to do with the lack of sleep. I haven't slept more than four hours at one time in nearly 7 days.

If you haven't noticed, I am taking the week off from weight training. Its a PLANNED recover thing. I'll start again Monday.

Just noticed the Bayou City Classic eliminated the clydesdale division from this years race. I wish more races did a weight class. The logistics must be a nightmare, but it means a lot to a big runner. If anyone knows of such races, please let me know. I would like to support/run them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Oh,

Just moments after reading your blog I broke out in a fever and got all stuffed up...I have heard of viruses being passed through email but this takes things to a whole new level!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the blogger flu is clearly going around and anybody who reads blogs is at risk as well. Think I'll lock the door and draw the curtains.

Steeeve

TX Runner Mom said...

You know, I had a sore throat earlier this week! Hmmm...interesting. BTW, you've inspired me to start a blog to track my food and weight loss! I think it will keep me in check.

Sarah said...

No virtual flu -- there is totally something going around among bloggers and non-bloggers alike!

Triathlons are really good about having weight categories. I always enter as an Athena. There's your solution -- try a tri! :)