Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Recovery week

Activity: Run
Mileage: 2 miles
Time: 20:59 -- 10:30 pace
10:40, 10:19
Location: Kingwood Greenbelts

Activity: Weight Training
Body Region: Upper
Time: 30 minutes
Location: Home Gym

I'm glad to be home. I've been at work for 52-hours straight. Plus, it has been a busy month for fires and EMS calls.

Trying to determine the reason my legs are sore and I'm tired when I run. The CC didn't chime in on my last question, "Any advantages/disadvantages to running long the day after a hard race". I've decided to cut all of this weeks mileage in half. Hopefully, I'll be rested enough for the Rodeo 10k on Saturday. I'd love to run a sub 52 minute 10k on my first 2007 attempt.

I'll see my Striders friends tonight at Bubba's. Can't wait!

Here's a fun article for those of you who are bored. Enjoy

5 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

That was a funny article! See you at the meeting tonight!

Junie B said...

i can only think of disadvantages to running long after a hard race..doesnt one need recovery???

see you at the Rodeo Run!!

Pony and Petey said...

I'd like to run sub-52 at the Rodeo too. Maybe we can pace each other? It worked on Saturday!

Great to see you tonight...I knew Alison was cute but I didn't realize she was THAT cute...don't you just love her little upturned nose?! I'm sure you do = ))

Steve Bezner said...

Good seeing you last night Bill!

Great article! It looks like you and David M. are the current front runners.

Anonymous said...

Indeed - bringing sexy back is a full time job that is so demanding JT had to recruit fans to help him do it onstage at the grammy's!
(please read the previous with heavy sarcasm!)

ps - Bill, when are we going to see you as the cover boy on the fire calendar? When that happens, I can be one of those people that can say, "I knew you when..."