Sunday, February 11, 2007

Run cut short

Activity: Run
Mileage: 5.27 miles
Time: 56:59 -- 10:49 pace
10:55, 10:41, 10:31, 10:26,
11:22, 3:04 (0.27 mile)
Location: Humble FD
Average HR: 140

Planned to run long at work, somewhere between ten and twelve miles. Just past the five mile mark we got two large fires back to back. After all the work was done, I lacked the desire to run another five miles.

During the run I was tired and my legs were heavy. This was the same feeling I had last week. Is there any benefit to running long after a hard race? I may use this week as a mini-recovery. I have a sore spot on the bottom of my left foot that will not go away. Only hurts when I'm bare foot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A SMARTie tradition is that we hammer up at Conroe the morning after the Cross Country Relay. Only advantage is that it builds character and makes breakfast taste really good.

Steeeve