Monday, September 08, 2008

Pre-work run

At work today.

Last night I talked with Josh on the phone about running before work. The plan was to meet at the station and run 2.5 miles through the city.

It was a challenge getting the kids awake and ready for school that early, but I made it happen due to the commitment we made the night before. I arrived at the station at the exact time we discussed only to learn Josh was still on the other side of town. With a limited amount of time, I took off running solo. I ran to Humble FD station two. The route there and back was exactly 2.5 miles.

Good run, but the sidewalks and roads were in rough condition. I could feel the uneven terrain in my feet and lower back. On the return trip I ran with the girl's high school cross country team for half a mile. I always assumed they ran much faster, but we pretty much ran the same pace.

Run: 2.5 miles, 31:08. (12:28 pace)

This evening I completed a lower-body workout, 71 push-ups, and 45-seconds jump rope.

I'm barely able to stay on the 100 push up challenge schedule.

Below is a picture for my buddy, Josh aka: "Bisquick". On the outside he looks solid... all warm and nice, but when you look closer he falls apart in a flaky-crumbly mess!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job on doing your run even though Josh didn't make it.You don't see much dedication from alot of people but you have it!