Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Age-bracket

I've entered a new age-bracket. It doesn't make a difference for a slow runner like myself, although I'd probably be kicking some serious ass IF I was racing in the 80+ category.

Like so many other people, it's just another day.

Is it just me or is life a yo-yo... consisting of a series of ups and downs? Yesterday was a great day. Today hasn't been bad, but it's heading in that general direction. My checking account gently reminded while paying bills that I have more outcome than income. Then my fairly new washer, which recently went out of warranty died. Now I have to juggle my schedule to accommodate a person I don't even like...

Uhhh, life!!!

Due to the change in my schedule I ran mid-day on the greenbelts. It was hot and humid, but that wasn't too big of an issue. My biggest problem was boredom. Lulu is a horrible conversationalist!

Run: 2.5 miles, 30:46 (12:18 pace)

Several of the greenbelts have pedestrian tunnels under major roadways, so runners don't have to cross the roadways. On rare occasions a punk kid will "tag" or spray paint something on the concrete. I find it interesting that it's seldom anything offensive and the greenbelt maintenance crew usually has it removed within a day or two.

Anyways, while running today I saw that someone decided to spray paint the outside wall of the tunnel. I thought to myself "Where else do the 'punk kids' spray paint stuff like this?" Even our bad kids are pretty good!!!

The picture below is another reason I love Kingwood.

Upper body workout and 77 push-ups. I am tired of these push-ups!






1 comment:

Steeeve said...

Life's a long song...
But the tune ends too soon for us all.

Ian Anderson