Sunday, September 07, 2008

G.I.D. (girl I'm dating)

You don't have to dig too deep in this blog to see that I'm dating a new woman, Andrea. She's been good for me both mentally and physically. Andrea and I dated 10+ years ago, well before my marriage to Erin. Back then she was looking for something serious and I was still young and playing, so we drifted apart. As fate would have it, Andrea called the station to see "how I was doing" a few months ago. Our friendship blossomed into a serious relationship and I couldn't be happier.

It's exciting to date someone whom you share so many interests with. It's a bonus when that interest includes RUNNING.

I had the kids this weekend. We had a lot of errands to do, so it turned out to be busy. Any other day, the run would have been blown-off. Andrea and I decided to run separately which enabled both if us to run and still have time for the other things that needed to be done. It's these little things that really make me happy. I really think running (or any sport) is a solid base for a healthy relationship, no pun intended.

Run: 1 mile, 12:09, (12:09 pace)

Your training partners are key to your success, and friendships based on your runs together are strong. - Bill Rogers

No comments: