Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Day

It's official, yesterday was a crappy day. Hurricane Ike has cancelled my long awaited vacation to float the Guadalupe River and the highlight of my birthday dinner was celebrated at the drive-thru window of McDonald's.

Oh well, it's all behind me. Today is a new day!

At work.

Administration has put all firemen on mandatory overtime starting at 12pm tomorrow. They also advised we could be here upwards of 4-days, depending on the damage. At least it will be good money.

Ran a single mile this evening. Beautiful skies with the feeder bans of the hurricane overhead while the storm is still 400 miles out in the Gulf. I'm exhausted from all the preparation work we have to get done with incidents such as this one. Most of it is overkill to a nauseous level, yet I understand why we do it.

Run: 1 mile, 12:07, (12:07 pace)

1 comment:

TX Runner Mom said...

Sorry you'll be stuck at work the next few days. My hubby is doing the same thing...but, hooray for overtime pay!!! :-) Stay safe!