Sunday, November 05, 2006

I'm back....

Hi. Still no internet connection at home. Can you believe I have not run in six days? I'm incredibly busy and will be for another week. I DO NOT like moving! Don't even get me started on the weight. UGH!!!!!! Stress equals bad eating choices. Can't wait to get back into a consistent regimen.

Went for a leisure run at work. Sean, Jason, and I ran around the station, in the rain. I started with 2-miles in mind. Two miles was "too" easy, so I decided to make it 5-miles. Then I thought 7 miles would be even better. We would have run 9 miles but I got a horrible pain on my right side. The outside of my right hip, outside right knee, and outside my right shin all hurt at the same time. It went away with some stretching, but it hurt bad enough while running that I was running with a "limp". I took the safe road and quit at the 7-mile mark. I think it is all the loops around the station.?!?!?!

Activity: Run
Mileage: 7.03 miles
Time: 1:13:05 -- 10:24 pace
Split:
10:13, 9:55, 10:00, 10:06, 10:18,
11:14, 11:00, 0:20 (.03 mile)
Location: Humble Fire Station
How I Felt: 7

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill,
Welcome back! I hope your move is going well! Well done on making your run almost 4 times longer than anticipated! I look forward to seeing you back out with the group...you have been missed!

Unknown said...

Just pick up the phone if you need any help moving. I'm there for you buddy.

Glad you got some cobwebs out with your run. See you soon.

TX Runner Mom said...

Welcome back! Glad you had time for a run...sounds like it was a good one.

Anonymous said...

Willie,

On the road again...

Good time to note you've been following a performance-based marathon training program as a first timer. Prior to your move you were waaaay ahead where you needed to be to complete an excellent first marathon and can well afford the couple of weeks with minimal running but maximal cross training. Ease back into to but also be assured you don't lose much running fitness in two weeks.

Steeeve

Anonymous said...

Yeah, please join us soon.

We're having fun, frivolity and trash talking with an occasional run!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Can you say IT Band?? Sure sounds like it's rearing its ugly head for you = ( Hope it was just an irritation.

SOOO glad you're back! And I didn't run the whole week we were moving too...it's the only week I've missed since I got my Garmin almost 2 years ago. If I'd known that, I surely would've made time for at least a little run. Boooo hooo Oh well... we do what we gotta do.

How are you liking the new house? neighborhood??