Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bad news

While running at work yesterday I started getting back spasms..... AGAIN. I immediately stopped and started stretching. Once I bent over, I never came back up. I was taken off the unit because the pain was so bad. Since I couldn't make it to my truck I stayed at the station all night. This morning the Chief asked me to go to the ER, because I couldn't put my boots on. Now I'm laid up in bed, not able to do anything.

This sucks.

Activity: Run
Mileage: 5.97 miles
Time: I'll plug in the numbers later. I know it was a 10:05 pace
Location: Humble FD
How I Felt: 10 during the run and 1 after the run

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

bum-MER! I'm so sorry to hear this! I'll be praying for a quick recovery and for it not to happen again!

Anonymous said...

Dang, Dude...

Steeeve

Junie B said...

noooooooooooooo!!! Bill!!! get well soon!!!!!

TX Runner Mom said...

Oh no, that totally stinks! I hope you're better soon!

Unknown said...

No, Bill!!! I need you. Get better.

Anonymous said...

Bill,

Just because you are laid up in bed does not mean you should start cross-training again...that might actually be worse for your back!! ;)

Take care bud! I look forward to reading a recovery update soon!

SRR said...

Rest, rest, rest....feel better soon!