Saturday, November 11, 2006

Unique venture

I'm all pumped up. Yesterday I read about Dean Karnazes' newest adventure. Dean just finished running 50 marathons, in 50 states, in 50 days. His final marathon was in New York, NY. This week Dean decided to "run home" which is on the West coast (San Francisco, I think). So I started thinking about doing something new and exciting in my life.

I decided to run to work this morning. It may not be exciting, but it is certainly new and different for me. The route proved to be a lot shorter than I had expected. 6.20 miles to be exact. It was a great run. I shifted into a slow gear to had a grand time. I arrived much earlier than I had expected, so I added four extra miles around town for an even 10-miles.

I plan on making this a staple run. It may not be 50 consecutive marathons, or a run across the US, but it is a start. Even Dean had to start somewhere less than what he's doing now.

Its really nice to have run 10 miles and have the whole day ahead of me. Very slight right medial leg discomfort.

Activity: Run
Mileage: 10.13 miles
To work: 6.19 miles -- 11:36 pace
Running around downtown Humble: 3.94 miles -- 11:26 pace
Location: Kingwood to Humble and misc Humble mileage
How I Felt: 9.5

1 comment:

SRR said...

Yeah that Dean thing was pretty amazing. Good for you!