Monday, November 13, 2006

Misc. Exercise

Settling into the new house and doing home repairs is getting old. For a change of scenery, I decided to do a small bike ride this morning. You'll notice a REALLY slow mph, but in my defense... I was riding a mountain bike, hauling a bike trailer with Alison and her dog.

This evening I worked a few hours for a co-worker. Two of the guys on this shift just started running. Both guys were excited about the 2-mile distance they planned on running. So, my off day included a casual run with them. I didn't have a watch or my garmin so there isn't any hard data. I know the distance(s) by heart, because I've run around the station so much. We had a great time and those two are doing a great job! On the final 100 yards, the pace got a bit manly. Steve F. thought he could take me on a sprint, but I was glad to prove him wrong. I'll admit he's quick, but he didn't plan on my determination.

Activity: Bike (trailer w/Alison & dog)
Mileage: 5.45 miles
Time: 42:30 -- 7.7 mph
Location: Kingwood Greenbelts
How I Felt: 9

Activity: Run
Mileage: 2.35 miles
Time: ?? No watch, but I assume 12-13 minute pace
Location: Humble Fire Station
How I Felt: 10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill,

Would you mind hauling me in that cart on Sunday?!!

TX Runner Mom said...

Sometimes it's fun to run without the watch. :-)

Anonymous said...

If you haul Alison through the 25k please upgrade your HARRA membership to family :-)

Steeeve