Sunday, May 31, 2009

Serene Environment

Early morning start was utterly beautiful for boot camp in Fosters Mill Park (next to the twin lakes)... kids fishing 100-yards away, husbands & wives walking the trails, and a perfect section of landscape for our workout. Days like this make me really appreciate the world we live in.

Andrea HAMMERED through a total body workout like it was nothing. Her transformation has been amazing to witness.

After she finished a 1-mile cool-down, she joined me for a scheduled 24-minute walk. Nice pace, but I didn't push to hard. Yesterday's shin discomfort was my body reminding me to ease back into fitness. In a mere two-weeks I start running again and I don't want to delay me further. I can't wait to start running again!

I officially finished the American Council on Exercise manual this afternoon. I'm tempted to take the test, but I really don't see the necessity for dual PT certifications. While both organizations are respected, I feel ACSM is the industry leader who sets the benchmark which others follow. This was quite evident by the abundance of ACSM literature citing's in the ACE manual.

Walk:
1.45 miles
24:00
16:33 pace

No comments: