Saturday, May 30, 2009

Late Night Fitness

Waited till 7pm to start our cardio and strength training. Of course that wasn't our original plans, yet merely the result of our day slipping away from us.

We decided to walk (me) - run (Andrea) around the rim on the bayou. This is always a nice route, although at times it is warm due to the lack of shade. Fortunately for us, a majority of the route was shaded due to our late start. Another reason I like this route is because it is only 100-yards from my house, which gives us time for a mini warm-up and cool-down.

From the pedestrian bridge you can run a loop crossing Walnut on the North or you can run a loop to Kingwood Dr on the South. Andrea combined the two for a 2-mile loop, which she ran a couple times. I did much less, as dictated by my recovery schedule. I was trying to walk as fast as my chubby little legs would go, which resulted in shin pain. It felt like my shins were going to explode on the way back. Looks like more stretches are in order.

I saw a couple deers "bathing" in the bayou. I've watched lots of deer in my life, but that was the first time I've seen them in the water.

Walk:
0.76 mile
12:02
15:52 pace

Also had a great mid-body workout in the gym. Reduced my usual weight by 50%, but increased the time of exercise to 3-4 seconds per repetition.

Workout:
Mid-body

No comments: