Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Lower Body Worjout

Wonderfully productive day.

Alison and I shared a Subway sandwich at her school picnic. It's always interesting to see her interact in a different environment.

I spent several hours reading my PT manual this afternoon. Read 2.5 chapters, which leaves me with only two more to go. Looks like I'll easily meet my goal to have completed the manual before I return to work. I'm giving myself the first three weeks of June to finish the two workbooks.

Today was the first lower body workout since my knee surgery. Everything went really well. I feel some tightness on the posterior aspect of my knee. This is normal, because the joint has been kept in a limited range of motion. I'm still being over-protective with my knee. I continue to ice it after exercise and wrap with compression dressings. As I sit here typing, it feels absolutely perfect. And that makes me very happy!

Workout:
Lower Body

I took Andrea to a local area that has a 2-mile loop with minimal vehicle traffic, so she could ride her road bike. She's still trying to adjust to the clip-in shoes. She is progressing very well. Andrea’s first couple of stumbles left her timid on the bike. I'm hoping to build her confidence, which will help her negotiate the roadways with other cyclist, cars, and feel comfortable on longer rides.

No comments: