Friday, April 13, 2007

Funny stuff!

Correpsondence between Coach and I about my MRI results (white=Coach, green=me):

Dude,

You give me too much credit! I don't know no Greek. Yeah, I get confused... between you knowing Greek and being a GEEK.

Is this running or otherwise exercise-induced? Doctor said there was a traumatic injury somewhere along my path.

It sounds like maybe not, but what do I know? The only thing I can think of was a BAD coffee table corner incident where I struck my right knee a few days before the LLR. It was bruised and sore for a couple days, but never thought it did this kind of damage.

How long's the rehab? Doc will give me crutches. Also stated he wants me to walk on my own as much as possible without them, starting from day one.

What are you allowed to do in the interim? Same as I posted before... anything to the point of pain.

What's the long term prognosis? EXCELLENT! Per Doc, I should be running and able to start a ramp-up within 6-9 weeks. Yes, he used the work "ramp-up"... he's a runner/biker. Bonus points!

Do you need a second opinion? Not unless the MRI scan lied. He still gave ME the option to try a little rehab, but we agreed several months has been long enough to shake anything minor.

Is your insurance adequate? Its, so-so. I have to meet the deductible, before anything happens. After that it looks like it will fair.

Will you be missing work? Yes I will. This is a good thing :-) We have light duty assignments. I called the Chief and he has already taken my off the schedule for the entire month of May.

I assume your out for Beach to Bay, right? Yes, but I still want to attend... if that is OK with you guys.

In for Bayou Bash? Yep, Going to give it my all. Nothing less, nothing more. 235 pounds of raging fury and man-tits!

At least they found the culprit and there's light at the end of the tunnel, right? Too bad my cheap-ass took so long to seek further medical attention.

Let all your fans know what's up when you know!

Cheers, Steve

No comments: