Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Overdue update

Hello. Its been so long since I made a post, I had to think about my log-in password!

This is going to be short. Preston still has his days and nights backwards. That means mom and dad hardly ever sleep. To compound matters, we have been busier than normal at work. As I told another friend, I'm knocking on the door of death by way of exhaustion. I haven't had the energy to do anything that is not a must do. Right now the must do list is short and only includes work and family. No more, no less.

Very little, if any running in a couple weeks. I'm starting to worry if a winter marathon is possible. I wanna run, but I just can't find the time. A few days ago I squeezed in a 18.5 mile bike ride with a friend. We did 4 x 0.50 mile sprints. The overall average was a wimpy 13 mph because we were on the Greenbelts, but the sprints were a manly 26-29 mph on a long straightaway. The effort was all out. The last interval was the fastest, which resulted in me getting off my bike and puking in someones yard. Yeah, that's gross, but the effort level felt great afterwards.

I'm sure a lot of you are wondering about the contest between Vic and I. Yes, Mr. Vic won and Mrs. Bill lost. Congrats on your weight loss Vic, you look good and did a great job. As for the "dress", I spoke with Vic and we made an arrangement. I was scheduled to work the same day as the opening day of SMART training. unfourtantley, I was not able to take off becasue I used nearly all my vacation and sick time with my knee surgery and Preston's hospitalization. Anyways, I told Vic I would supply him with a picture of me in a dress and he can do whatever he want with it. In fact, this morning I made the embarrassing dress purchase. URG! And yes, it sucked!

I have to admit, I'm a bit lost right now. But as usual, I'll find my way and everything will be a-okay very soon.

You've all seen the cute pictures of Preston. This is what he REALALY looks like!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Tremendous photo of little Pre :-)

Steeeve

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have your priorities in good order. Stay well Matt W.....

Pony and Petey said...

YAY!! Glad to hear from you!

And Pre is still cute even when he's screaming his head off = ))
Thanks for not making that a video with sound! hahahaha

Unknown said...

Hey, buddy!!! Great to hear from you. I can sure understand about priorities. Don't fret. It's gonna all work out. Family, your job, those things come first.

The photos crack me up. I'm torn between keeping them just to myself or actually blowing up a lifesize cutout at Kinko's and putting it in my front seat so that I can ride in the HOV. We'll see.

Hope to see you soon.

Unknown said...

Glad you're back...sorry you're sleep deprived! Little Pre is just as cute mid-cry as he is smiling! :-)