Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bike

Not sure why, but forty miles on the bike kicked my ass. Steve Cantu and I bike our familiar Kingwood>Duessin Park>Crosby>Lake Houston>Atascocita>Kingwood route. Maybe it was the multiple surges early in the ride. Lots of other cyclist out. Late in the ride, we joined two other riders for six miles. Each of us took our turn at the helm. In the end, they dropped us with their 20++ mph pace. I'm sure this helped their ego, they too had been dropped from a larger, faster pod of riders as well.

I still had a great day. I've come to realize something...
I look forward to biking. I have fun, no matter the weather or pace. Unfortunately, cycling lacks the post activity "high" that you get after a good run. Maybe I'm not biking hard enough? On the other hand, I almost always dread running. Its a motivation issue. Once I get out the door, everything is fine. More times than none, I enjoy the time outside running, but its simply a matter of getting started. Just my observations. hmmmmm???

Stats:
Mileage: 38.40 miles
Time: 2:240:26 -- 15.08 mph

New bike tid-bit:
Cane Creek SCR-3 brakeset
Easton Circuit 700c Wheelset

5 comments:

Crosstrain said...

I'm with ya Bill. love running. However marathon running is extremely demanding on us Clydesdales, where cycling is more forgiving, yet can get the same cardio and calorie burning benefit. So I now love both.

Sarah said...

Right now I'm dreading both running and biking! It's the heat, mostly. With the biking, I just haven't been riding enough to make it comfortable -- and I put too much pressure on myself to go fast.

One of these weekends, you, Joe, JD and I are gonna have to meet up for a blogger bike ride...

Sarah said...

Oh -- what kind of bike did you get?

Humble Runner said...

Sounds like fun. Just say when.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of your new bike. I promised myself I'd wait until bonus time (November)to buy one. Patience is not my strength. :-) BTW, I hear ya about biking. I probably need to work on my pace, but I look forward to each ride and I'm always sad to see it end. I wish I could say the same thing with my running!