Thursday, August 23, 2007

Dueling Strollers for speed

What a great run. Tonight Erin saw a sneak preview of speedwork. I had Alison in one stroller, while she pushed Preston in the other stroller.
5 x 30/30 - (9.5 effort/recovery jog)

Its hard to believe, but the garmin shows all five, 30 second intervals ranged from 6:30-7:15 pace. Average pace on the recovery was ~12:00. Average pace was 8:58. Not too sure about that number.... I left the garmin running and now I'm confused. That's the number I get after I plugged everything into my training software.

We ran a straight line. Only managed to gain 30-yards on Erin... shes a much stronger runner than I had assumed. We did lots of stretching and an extended walk, but soon we will start a formal warm-up and cool-down. Like I keep saying, we're taking baby steps.

My Stats:
Mileage: ~0.50 mile??
Time: 5 minutes

Erin Stats:
Mileage: ~0.499999 miles
Time: 5 minutes

No comments: