Thursday, March 08, 2007

Its always something

My knees have been bothering me. Fortunately, the pain eased up this week. Biked an aggressive 60 minutes Sunday plus a lower body workout. Everything went better than expected. Decided to start running Tuesday. Ran two miles at work. I've recently changed shifts. With the new running partners, the run got a little manly. Two miles in 17:20. I dropped all but one, who left me in his dust. Devoured a few enchiladas, thirty minutes before the run. The food made for lots of nausea and the pace made for a LOT of hard breathing. I'm officially out of shape. Well, actually I have a shape.... my shape is big and round.

After the run and workout I somewhat hurt my back on an EMS call. We were trying to get a large man out of his mobile home. Trailers always cause us the most grief. Now my back has been aching ever since. Tried running yesterday. Made it half a mile, turned around, and walked home. More mental fatigue than anything.

This morning I'm sore all over. I mean REALLY sore. Plus, it appears I've traded the bum knee for a bum back. When the back heals it will likely be something else. I've thought about starting over with my running. All I need to do is find a good starter program and try to ramp up again. Thirty mile weeks are out of the question at my current fitness level.

I'm also fighting the urge to kill this blog. I stopped reading other blogs a couple months ago. Now my blog is boring and too time consuming. We'll see what happens. I'm confident that my days of daily post are behind me. Glad I don't have the whopping 4.6 readers that Steve Bezner has.

8 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

Now, Billy-boy, think about it. If you didn't blog, you'd have to email all your readers on a regular basis to let them know what was going on in your life. And with all the readers you have, that would be VERY time-consuming, unless you created an email list.

But if you're going to do that, you might as well just blog! It's already set up, it's already bookmarked on all of our lists, we're already checking in every day...so...WE NEED OUR BILL-BLOG FIX!

Please don't desert us = (( Don't dessert us either...we're all in the same boat with the extra pounds over winter...we'll lose them together!

Hang in there, Strider-buddy!

Anonymous said...

Bill rocks, Bill rolls, Bill's a bit rolly polly. Er, scratch that last bit.

If you aren't at the 10k Saturday I'm driving straight to Kingwood to kick your butt. At a MINIMUM you need to assist Mrs. Dan'l with photography. Also, I'm taking your cooler off of Chris's hands tonight and don't want it hanging around my house. If you're not there on Saturday I'm going straight to eBay with it.

PS - Can the Pony Pede borrow your
baby stroller please?

Steeeve

Anonymous said...

Speaking of pre-running and pre-race food, I am reading "The Perfect Mile" right now, which is a story chronicalling the quest by 3 individuals (an Aussie, a Brit, and an American) to be the first to run the 4 minute mile. Leading up to Roger Bannister's historic sub 4-minute mile run, there are, of course, the near misses and failed attempts. Of those near misses, the Aussie (last name Landy) ran a 4:02 minute mile an hour after eating meat pies and ice cream!

It gets me thinking, the Strider nation already has a "Pizza Man", perhaps we need a "Meat Pie and Ice Cream" man?!! (Or Enchilada man?!!)

Peace and chicken grease.

TX Runner Mom said...

i agree with Pony...you must continue blogging! Inquiring minds want to know. :-)

Anonymous said...

David, The Perfect Mile has not been reviewed in Stridelines yet so when you're done write it up and send it to Jessica. Gabout a page long does the job.

Steeeve

Steve Bezner said...

Judging from the comments alone your readership is way higher than my 4.6. You must continue blogging to satisfy your fan club.

You'll probably reaching somewhere around 9.7 (Gabout). Congrats!

Seeya tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...pre-run meat pies and ice cream.

Homer

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog especially considering I cab relate. Please keep it coming!