Saturday, March 10, 2007

BCC

Its dead. Done. All over with....
My HARRA series streak ended today at fourteen or fifteen, I've lost count. My frustration made it easy to flake on this mornings run. I lost respect for the Ironfoot competition for a number of reasons. As I've said before, HARRA is missing a wonderful opportunity to showcase those die-hard runners who lack the talent or skill to compete otherwise, yet offer their heart and soul to the running community. Enough said.

Went to the BCC 10k as a spectator. Never done that before. It's an odd feeling, but I had a lot of fun. Also had two great conversations. One with Coach Steeeeve and the other with SteveS. Both these men are wise beyond their years. The environment and talks proved good for my soul. Thanks guys.

Its time to get over this pity party and RUN!

3 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

YAY!! It was so wonderful to see your face this morning, bringing us the jog stroller!

I'm glad that you're ready to race again because I miss cheering you on and hearing how you did afterwards.

Are you going to be off work for the Tuesday evening Striders novelty run at Bear Creek Park? I know it's a long way for you to come but I surely hope to see you there!!!

Thanks again for being so generous and helping us out!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm wiser than dirt? Gee, that might be the nicest thing anybody ever said to me.

Second everything Pony said - come on out Tuesday if your schedule allows. Good times await!

Steeeve

Crosstrain said...

Hey Bill, it was great to see you when our centipede was making the turn for home. Keep the faith man, I have a picture of you embedded in my mind. You were gliding home on Allen Parkway on January 14, looking great. Patience with the niggling injuries will pay off (at least it damn well better for me too)! We'll see who has healed most at the LP Clydesdale run!