Monday, March 31, 2008

Make it Count

Weight: 260.25

Slept a full 9-hours last night, which is very uncommon for me. The amount of sleep I get varies from night to night, but averages between 4 and 6 hours. Without a doubt, my lack of sleep is an issue that needs to be corrected.

Breakfast: 1-cup kashi cereal, 1-cup skim milk, and 1-banana. (multi-vitamin)

Walked the dog, Lulu for 30 minutes. While we were on the greenbelts I tried to establish a minimum "goal pace" for my walks. My primary goal is to keep this regimen sensible. I decided that anything faster than 18:00 minute/mile pace is acceptable. Our walk was right at 17:00 and we covered 1.80 miles in 30 minutes according to my Garmin. Afterwards I rode my mountain bike for 33 minutes and covered 5.5 miles. I felt good out there. As with my walk, I wanted to set a minimum bike ride pace. Decided anything above 9-mph on my mountain bike and 12-mph on my road bike sounds reasonable. Today's pace on the mountain bike was 10 mph. Of course there has to be a reasonable amount of flexibility in any weight loss - workout program, but I also need some standards if I want to make the workout count.

One item worthy of noting is how sore my shin and lower back muscles were on the walk. In the future I need to start stretching.

Due to a calculation error I went 29 calories over my goal! URG!!!
Flexibility, Bill....F.L.E.X.I.B.I.L.I.T.Y.

Lunch consisted of 1.5 cups of rice, 1-medium size bag of mixed vegetables (red potato's, carrots, broccoli, and baby corn), and 6 oz of turkey. All the ingredients above were combined with one-tbsp of soy sauce. My chest stuck out with pride for the meal I had created, but the quantity (I finished every bite) was huge.

Supper was a pre-made salad in a bag. Once again, I had no idea how many calories were in one of those bags. After I added the Caesar sauce, bacon bits, croutons, and Parmesan cheese to it, it tip the scales at 510 calories... FOR A FREAKIN' SALAD!!!

I had two snacks today. One was an ice cream cone from McDonalds. After picking up Alison from school I needed to go to the bank. Next door to the bank was a McDonalds. Alison and I shared a moment together over some low-fat ice cream, which was well worth the 150 calories. My second snack was a Nature Valley Sweet & Salty bar (160) at 9pm.

Didn't "make time" for my weight training till 10pm, but its done. Lower body workout included:
3 x 12 sitting toe lift
3 x 10 squat to bench 15#
3 x 10 forward leg raise
3 x 10 leg extension 25#
3 x 10 hamstring curl #20
3 x 12 standing tow raise 20#
3 x 10 side leg lift
3 x 10 inner leg lift
3 x 20 sec. Knee stability balance
3 x 12 toe-in stretch
3 x 12 toe-out stretch

It is definitely time to go to bed... I am mentally hungry and it is overwhelming me. The combination of an early supper and late night workout might be a recipe for disaster.

No comments: