Monday, December 03, 2007

6 miles for breakfast

Didn't run yesterday because the weather was so nasty and I knew today would be cooler. The run was uneventful with the exception of tight shins/calves and an aching lower back. I always forget about core training. Today was a nice reminder to train SMARTer.

6 miles in 1:17:40
12:57 pace
Run-10/walk-4

When entering the run into my log, I noticed two things of interest. November was my highest mileage month this year (85.86) and last week was my highest mileage week in 2007 (38.55). YAY me!

About half a mile from my house is a nice lake. I have lots of routes around the neighborhood, but I run by the lake every chance I get. Today there was a special treat. For the better part of 2-minutes (while I was running), I saw two American bald eagles. They were flying in tandem and swooping down on the water looking for fish on the surface. It was incredible. At one point I saw a woman sitting on her deck watching the same birds. I asked her, "Am I seeing that right? Are those EAGLES?". She replied, "Yes they are! They show up for about a month every year, then they disappear".

I thought it was really neat. Only wish Alison would have been with me, she LOVES animals.

No comments: