Monday, September 03, 2007

Race, Fired Up 5k

Substituted my weekend long run for the Fired Up 5k race. The total distance was 1.5 miles longer than scheduled, yet I jumped that the opportunity to join Vic for a run. We both had a wonderful run, even though the humidity was awful.

Speaking of Vic... he is the owner of a brand-spanking new 5k PR! And not just any PR, but a MAMMOTH PR. He improved his 2006 Fired Up race time by nearly 6-minutes. Imagine what he's going to do when the weather cools off! Great job, Vic. As I said on your blog.... you ran every inch of that course... no one else ran it for you, it was ALL VIC. Glad I was there to witness your accomplishment.

Erin and the kids also made the trip South. Erin watched the kids while I ran, then I watched the kids while she ran the 1.5 mile family walk. She needed an extra mile, so she jumped on the treadmill as soon as we got home.

Mileage: 3.99 miles
Warm-up: 0.89 mile
Race Spits: 11:18, 11:15, 11:13, and 1:21 (0.15 mile)
Total time: 48:55 -- 12:16 pace

Erin Stats:
Mileage: 2.5 miles
Time: Unknown

After reading Steve Bezner's blog, I'm reminded of the awesome stuff I got at the race; bag, water bottle for my bike, energy bars, and SOCKS (Strider PERK). We're talking good socks, not those cheap-ass cotton socks. It goooood to be a Strider.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's G-R-E-A-T to be a Strider!!!

Thanks a bunch Bill for getting me there today. It was a fun ride.

Be cool!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Bill, and great meeting the little Pre! Your ladies rocked as usual. We have Fleet Feet to thank for the generous sock underwriting.

Steeeve

Unknown said...

Wow, a race with swag is always a good thing!