Thursday, September 13, 2007

I might have found my 'Weigh'

...pun intended. More on that shortly.

I've been really busy around the house, which is why I haven't blogged much. To be honest, there hasn't been a hell of a lot to talk about. Today Steve Cantu and I squeezed in a short mountain bike ride with tons of quality.

Stats:
Mileage: 6.83 miles
Time: 30:28 -- avg. 13.6 mph

Rather impressive considering we were riding on the greenbelts, which has tons of twist and turns plus a lot of stopping when crossing the road(s).

In other news:
I had my first consultation at, "The Healthy Weigh". After years of yo-yo dieting I've decided to tackle the behavioral relationship I have with food.

Sadly, I can say I have lost and REGAINED 50 or more pounds five times in my life. Finding myself only 20 pounds short of an all time high made me come to the realization that I am in serious need of help. Not only do I need help, but I WANT help.

The visit went very, very good... nothing what I expected. I feel great! I was sent away with homework and a new found sense of hope. As I have said so many times before..... wish me luck.

7 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

Good luck! I hope you will share what you are learning along the way, when you feel comfortable doing so.

Remember, there are plenty of others out there struggling and we can use your words of wisdom and encouragement!

Steve Bezner said...

I'll second Ponie's comments. I would be interested as well to hear what they have to say.

Steeeve said...

You, of course, have massive support behind you.

Oops, unusually poor choice of words, but you get the idea :-)

Unknown said...

Way proud of you Bill and as all above have stated, I support you. Thanks for being there for me, buddy. We're gonna do this thing, ok?

Anonymous said...

You can do it, and we (your readers) will be here to support you on the way.

home health

The Williams Family said...

Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Good luck, I know you can do it! I think getting some outside help might be just what you need to really make it happen.