Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Book of Life

I'm currently working a 24-hour shift at my part-time job. Whew, this has been a looooong day!!!

This station is great... it has a LARGE weight room AND a cardio room with lots of cool equipment. To sweeten the deal, the cardio equipment is in front of a TV!

Since I'm already here once a week, it's time I start taking advantage of the amenities this job has to offer.

Today I worked out my upper body. I finished the workout with a 15-minute cool down walk on the treadmill. I feel really good.

Earlier today I heard a phrase, which is common and I hear from time-to-time. It goes something like this:
If your life was a book, would anyone want to read it?
I'm not sure if anyone would read mine, but it sure does make me think. I spend a lot of time with my head down, reminiscing about what I use to do or what I use to look like. So, here's a small list of things that could easily be chapters in the book of Bill:
I've never broken a bone
I've never been arrested
I've never smoked a cigarette
I've never done any drugs, not even weed
I graduated high school without ever studying (my mom still talks about how she has never seen a book in my hand)
I obtained my A.A.S. as an adult with a young baby
I hunt and camp, therefore I assume I know what it takes to "live off the land"
I have two WONDERFUL kids
I was happily married for 7-years
I've lost 72 pounds, once before
I have a profession, which the average person respects
I'm a smoke diver instructor
I'm an arson investigator
I have made peace with myself twice, thinking I was within seconds of a sure death
I've endured critical injuries to save the life of another man
I've watched numerous people die in front of me
I've saved just as many life's as I've seen pass
I've delivered three babies (not my own)
I've had an active and adventurous s-life (hehehe)
I've owned a motorcycle
I've boxed in front of 3,000 people
I've caught a blue marlin and a sail fish
I've been stranded alone 40-miles offshore in a boat that wouldn't start
I've run a marathon
I'm a certified running coach
I've cycled 100 miles
I've cried
I've loved
I've been loved... I think
Most people who know me, think I am funny
I'm just me 24/7.

1 comment:

Pony and Petey said...

I would read your book, Dude!!

Wow...that's quite a list... you've just given me something to think about while I work in the yard and garden this morning = )