Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Fresh Start

Haven't had time nor the desire to blog. It was a tough holiday season for me. I'm trying not to whine about it. Not much running since the 30k. The knee(s) started bothering me and the weather was nasty every time I wanted to run. Essentially, I gave up and didn't feel like blogging OR running for a couple weeks. Figured I would start anew on 01.01.2008.

For those wondering, I switched to the Houston half marathon.

Today wasn't special, but I managed to get my ass off the couch a couple times. Alison and I went for a swift walk (she was on her scooter). Nearly two-miles in 30 minutes.

While I was watching the season premiere of Biggest Loser-COUPLES, Alison and I did a few activities during the commercials breaks. The end result was:
15 push-ups
60 sit-ups
150 jumping jacks
3 x 20 seconds core planks

After the show I did an upper body workout in my home gym. That's about all there is to report. Kept the calories low, which was difficult to do. Cannot seem to break my mindless eating habits.

5 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

I hear you on the mindless eating habits. I am making a conscious effort to do better, because I don't want to have 60 lbs to lose after the baby is born!

Pony and Petey said...

I'm SO glad you're back to blogging!

I know I've said it before but I'm saying it again...you provide so much inspiration for me. I come here, read about your struggles, the SAME struggles I'm dealing with... I read about how hard you're working and how you keep trying and never give up and I come away with a renewed sense of strength and purpose and loads of determination, just like you!

So when you don't blog...I REALLLLLLY miss you = (

I understand how you wouldn't have time to blog...other more important priorities...so no pressure = )

Just wanted you to be reminded of the good that comes from sharing the ups and downs of your day.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Try duct tape.

Humble Runner said...

Thanks, anonymous. I feel much better about myself now...

Anonymous said...

I think you should have sold your entry. Actually I think a few of the bloggers I read should have, with the lack of training I see going on. I am surprised you are even doing the half.

And you know, while Anonymous might have been a bit crude with their comment, there comes a time when drastic measures need to be taken if you are serious.

Maybe a therapist can help you with your food and emotional issues. Clearly you aren't capable of doing it on your own.